Monday, November 18, 2013

Styling + Photo for White Punch

This weekend I attended a Styling and Photography Workshop with Jemma Watts, an incredibly talented lifestyle photographer. It was hosted by Ladies in Blogging, a blogging group I was introduced to last week by the wonderful Vee who is behind the blog Chalk the Blog. This was a huge step in the right direction for me as I have been eager to start to take my own product shots for White Punch. When I started out creating the White Punch webshop, I had so many expectation and plans. It was all there in my head, how the products would feature in my shop, but I did not appreciate how many hats I had to put on and roles I had to fill, so the creative side of the business did not develop the way that I had planned and wished for. Now that the shop is up and running fine I now have more time exploring the wonderful world of photography and styling. Jemma thought us so many amazing tricks and tips that would have taken me months to learn on my own. I am a complete novice; I could not even work out my tripod...! I have had my entry level DSRL camera for about two years, but have not really gone near it as I've had no clue on how to work it or where to start. Now I cannot wait to explore it more, thanks to all the things I learned at this workshop. I look forward to bringing my products out and experimenting with different settings on the camera and styling ideas. So...drum roll please... this is my first try:

My very own shot of something I styled and created. A photographer’s trained eye will see lots of mistakes I have made, but I am quite happy, as for me it is a step in the right direction. Both for the shop and this blog. I’m getting closer to the vision I have up there in my head :)
Oh and the cute mango breadboard I used is from here .
Till next time, take care.

Kari Anne x

No comments:

Post a Comment